Please read the instruction carefully before installing the drivers. Install according to the order given. Install patch below because windows installer needed for Intel wireless and netframework needed for HP Quicklaunch Button Installation.
I try my best to find a direct file installation for conextant audio but still not available. Maybe the original file was no longer available on internet.
Install Windows Installer 3.1 First:Download (external Link)
Install Netframework 2.0 : Download
Nvidia nForce 740a/nForce 710a
Version 10.3.00.23 7MB
Nvidia nForce 15.45 WHQL
You must Install MS-UAA before installing audio drivers. Reboot after MS-UAA and install audio drivers. Please don;t skip this step to make sure your audio installed properly.
Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA)
Knowledge Base 888111 (KB888111)
Download (Intel site)
Download (from HP)
Conextant Smart Audio 221 Drivers
Version 220.127.116.11 1.02MB
Download (mf link)
Download (sd link)
Download (4s link)
Instruction to Install Audio Drivers:
(if you need instruction with picture you can read here)
1. Unzip the file, i suggest unzip it at desktop and you will get CQSmartAudio_221 folder.
2. Remember that folder location we will use it later.
3. Open device manager by click start and select RUN, type DEVMGMT.MSC and press enter.
4. A device manager will open, look for Audio Device on High Def Bus. Right click and select update driver.
5. Select No to connect.
6. Select Don't Search, I will choose the driver to install,
7. For the Hardware Type select 'Show All Devices'
8. Remove the check (uncheck) from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk".
9. Browse to CQSmartAudio_221 folder we extract earlier and select WAHER5a.inf.
10. Continue with on screen installation until finish. Ignore if it prompt or complaint. reboot.
Nvidia HDMI Audio Drivers
Verison 1.00.00.59 WHQL 5.67MB
Cyberlink Youcam Software
Version 2.0.2519 46MB
Synaptic Touchpad Driver
Version 10.0.13.2 26MB
HP Quick Launch Button
Version 10.0.13.2 24.26MB
Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader Driver
Version 6.0.6000.20113 A 9.66MB
(3 available drivers, choose 1 base on your specs or test which work for your model)
Atheros 2011 (AR5007) Wireless Drivers
Version 9.20 81.94MB
Broadcom wireless LAN Driver (BCM43XX)
Version 18.104.22.168 10.27M
Intel Wireless LAN Drivers
Version 14.0 14.64MB
Tools and Utilities - Optional Downloads:
Lightscribe System Software:
Version 22.214.171.124 A 8.4M
HP Wireless Assistant
For further reading and information. Note that this is only description and information taht may be helpful.
1. Hp Quicklaunch, other version you can also use is: sp39425.exe
2. Card Reader : You can download driver directly from Realtek: Download link
3. There 2 chipset drivers available above, it is optional and you can choose which work best for you.
4. Wireless Atheros: It support wide range of wireless device mainly on 5xxx series.
5. Atheros Wireless: If the driver file is too big, you can use older version: sp39403.exe
6. For the Hardware Type select 'Show All Devices'
Remove the check from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk".